The death and subsequent investigation of Sushant Singh Rajput seems to have kept everyone awake as they have waited anxiously for the judgement in the Supreme court. Actress, Rhea Chakraborty, had sought to transfer an Fir registered against her from Bihar to Mumbai for which a decision was supposed to made on Tuesday. The Supreme court delayed its decision by a day amidst such nationwide speculation and came to a decision just yesterday morning.
As of 11 am on Wednesday, the Supreme Court has ordered the CBI to conduct the investigation into the death of Sushant Singh with the demand for full cooperation from the Maharashtra police. The court has, as such, dismissed Rhea Chakraborty’s request for a transfer even though legally, a case should only be investigated in the region where the incident has occurred. In fact, the Supreme Court has invoked its extraordinary power under Article 142, to transfer any new case registered by Maharashtra in the future. (SAdv.Vikas Pahwa)
It seems that the outrage from various stars and politicians in the media industry, following Sushant Singh’s death on the 14th June 2020 in Mumbai, may have convinced Sushant’s family to think that foul play may have been involved. At the same time, the family have dug up evidence that points the finger at Rhea Chakraborty in abetting the suicide of Sushant Singh, a serious crime that carries a sentence of at least 10 years. Moreover, a suspected money transfer from Sushant’s account to Rhea’s to the amount of 15 crores, has also been under investigation by the Enforcement Directorate but nothing has been found so far unless the CBI decide to look at all the evidence again.
However the case has got complicated as everybody has decided they want to be involved to the point that a lawyer from Bihar has filed a criminal case against, Salman Khan, Karan Johar, Sanjay Leela Bhansali , Ekta Kapoor, Aditya Chopra etc also for criminal conspiracy, intimidation and abettment to suicide. It has been alleged that the above had ganged up together to take away at least 7movies from the late actor and had deliberately gone out their way to stop/stall the distribution of his movies.
Since the parents of Sushant live in Bihar and the complaint was made from there, the request was for Bihar police to carry out the investigation. However, as Senior advocate, Vikas Pahwa has stated, only the region where the incident has taken place has the right to investigate which, in this case, is Mumbai. So the push and pull has continued with Rhea Chakraborty, insisting the case come back to Mumbai. In fact, the Maharashtra government now insists that anyone flying to Mumbai, will need to quarantine for 14 days and Mumbai may suddenly go into Lockdown again so looks like further obstacles need to be removed in the way of the CBI investigation.
Due to the many allegations that seem to have come up such as nepotism, gang mafia, abetment to suicide and fraud/money laundering, has meant that the jurisdiction of the trial has gotten complicated especially with the nation keeping a close eye on this particular case. Therefore, it has required the Supreme Court to jump in and decide that a more neutral party be involved such as the CBI, which is now the case.
- The issues that concern the public are, regardless off jurisdiction, is the the process by which the evidence has been gathered and direction of enquiry. Many feel that the investigation so far, has been limited and proper evidence hasn’t been collected or will be tampered with in order to protect the son of the CM of Maharashtra.
- It’s also because of this that the public feel that Mumbai is not the best place for a fair trial and there is a relief at the current Judgment today in the Supreme Court. The CBI it self, comes under the control of the Prime Minister eventually, and is an elite agency held in high esteem by the Supreme Court as well as the High Court and holds a conviction rate of 65-70%, comparable to the best intelligence agencies in the world.
- A lot of media attention and communication has stirred up a lot of anger towards the people suspected to be involved in the death of Sushant Singh Rajput which may affect the trial.
EVIDENCE TO BE INVESTIGATED
- Maharashtra police confirm death by asphyxiation due to hanging
- Financial statements that show money transfer out of Sushant Singh Rajput’s account.
- We have the late actor’s sister claiming that he told her that the people that killed Disha Salian were now after him. Sisters also insist the actor was not depressed or Bipolar.
- However, we also have Sushant Singh’s laptop details where a search into his history shows sites accessed were reference Bi polar conditions.
- Sisters also say that Sushant’s body had bruises suggesting foul play.
- On the 5th June, Ganesh Hiwarkar claims that the actor told him that Jiah Khan murder and Disha Salian murder were carried out by the same people and he was going to tell the press everything. He also states that Sandip Singh was also aware of this.
QUESTIONS SO FAR
- Who took body down?
- Why is there no recorded time of death?
- Not much CCTV footage, but what is the identity of the people seen quietly leaving late actor’s property that evening?
- Why were the apparent marks on body not noted?
- What were the medicines being given to Sushant Singh by Rhea Chakraborty?
- Why she cut off actor form family?
- Where did the money from actor’s account go?
- What papers/information relating to late actor in Disha Salian’s possession, have gone missing?
- Why is Rhea so desperate to have the case tried by Maharashtra police?
- Is the son of the CM involved and if there is any suspicion then why hasn’t he been questioned?
Now we have all these pieces of evidence in the basket, but evidence for what? First we need to agree that there is a possibility of some underhand activity and therefore analyse it accordingly. But we also have to deal with the cards dealt and if those cards have been tampered with or incomplete then we have to ask why also. There is so much to question that one wonders where to start because the number of allegations takes the case into so many directions. Hopefully there is no personal connect between the CBI and the Maharashtra government so we get a fair trial, a trial that asks the right questions to which we get answers. The worst thing is to be left with unanswered questions as the nation will find this unacceptable.
But again and again one can’t help but be suspicious of the Shiv Sena involvement as the Maharashtra government finds ways to delay CBI investigation. Already the team will have to go into a 14-day quarantine as they reach Mumbai and there may just be another lockdown. So let’s see how this particular story unfolds. To a lot of people, Kangana Ranaut may seem crazy and loud but one thing we can’t dismiss, is that it’s because of her that Sushant Singh Rajput may just get a chance at a fair trial.